The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2006-11-25

Not-So-Mixed Signals

I've been dealing with a lot of emotional "turmoil" in the past few weeks, for lack of a simpler word (I'm not about ready to end it all or anything..).

One woman I know from long ago, who suddenly became someone of interest. I approached her about this, and was immediately told no way -- she lives 2700 miles away in any case; I'm a glutton for pain, I guess.

One woman I also know from long ago, who is simply a fond memory at this point. Another member of the human race determined to fight out a marriage where the partner is a cheating, lying bastard, mostly because she is afraid of the image it will produce of her and her family, in my not-humble opinion; also the one and only married woman ever I have even considered having a relationship with "because of her circumstances".

One woman who I have never met, know nothing about, who was suddenly put on a phone with me by a friend who I'm quite unhappy with. Some "friend".

One woman who I will never meet, in an attempt by my mother to get me "out and about". Typical "mother".

One woman I've wanted to get together with since my divorce, who I waited two years to approach (for myself, mainly). She's been "too busy" for me, and I've tried to be patient, but I think it may be time to move on.

And now, one woman I've been up close and personal with in minor ways over the past 3 years, who I'd now really like to date. In fact, I told her this, asked her if she would like to, and she said yes, swapping phone numbers with me and briefly discussing schedules (I know here only through her place of business so far).

I'd like to believe I'm on the road to some one-on-one happiness in all of this...

3 comments:

  1. http://takakokomatsu.blogspot.com/2006/11/annette.html

    Tony, here are pictures of Annette for your consideration. Don't be mad at Dave anymore. He was drunk and thought he was doing a good thing. Would it be ok if she called you again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...
    ::cough::no::cough::

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time you had some good luck with a woman!

    ReplyDelete