The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2006-11-08

A Fence For Rumble

I need to build a fence. It's that, or get rid of the dog. The dog needs access to the outside, full time, so he can do his business. I'm tired of him "loving me so much" that he pees on my bed, my blankets, my couch where I sit... it's insane.

At the moment, this is my current thought on what I think we should do. We live on a corner lot, so the rest of the property would look odd if I fenced in a portion. I'd love to fence in the entire yard minus the front, but two issues stop me from pursuing that actively (what the neighborhood bylaws may say about such things, since we're on a corner, and how much it would cost).

If you have ideas, feel free to share them. Rumble is a miniature dachshund so he doesn't require a tall fence necessarily, either...

2 comments:

  1. Umm, yeah. That's a whole lot bigger than you were talking about last night.

    For something that big, fence panels will be the way to go, but you need fence POSTS.

    I still think there must be a better place to put the doggie door too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fence is built. I am a happy man now. Just need to get the dog door handled now. Updated art shows what we ended up doing. No posts, no fuss, and to stabilize the middle of the long side, we simply used the small section of left over fence. It all worked out great (so far).

    Now we need to see if he digs holes "adequate enough" to get out. That will be... unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete