The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2006-11-15

An Invitation

I invite each of my children to become part of the SOLUTION (see yesterday's post) instead of continuing to be part of the problem.

Doing housework for one afternoon does not fix the problem.

Discussing and working out the issues is the solution.

I refuse to allow my household to drown in anarchy. There will be a resolution to this, and it will BEGIN immediately, or else I will have to pursue "my own solutions", and frankly, I can't think of any good ones on my own. If you (my children) do not want to be part of the solution, I will be left to my own ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully today was the first step toward a new beginning in our household.

    I love you guys with all my heart, no matter what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know housework can become a huuuuge issue in a home. Everyone needs to contribute but it often becomes a power struggle. It seems that you have tried to get kids to participate without sucess. I would suggest "outsourcing" the task by hireing a regular maid service. (e.g. 3 times a week for common areas) It will be mandatory to contribute to this cost appropriate to what each child is earning/allowance/age etc. If they don't want to pay, they must do, end of story.

    ReplyDelete