The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-11-27

MOVIE: Various

In no particular order:

Rent:   Not knowing what the basic premise of this stage production was, I ended up a bit shocked to find it was the story of several friends, most of which have AIDS, most of which were homosexually involved with each other (those who were not were drug junkies) and all of which were trying to make a place in the world like any other person.   I really enjoyed the movie, which surprised me I guess.   I have no time for "blatant" homosexuals (and this movie did feature one named "Angel") as I have always felt that such people are more into the ATTENTION than the sexuality.   But again, I did enjoy this movie adaptation of the stage play. Good music, interesting lyrics (to say the least) and a very sad, touching ending.   Definitely not for kids.

In The Mix:   Cute movie about an italian mobster's daughter (yum) being protected by an black music mixer.   It was very predictable, but was fun to watch, at least.

Zathura:   A definite kids-movie.   I would have no problem taking any kid I know to see this movie.   It was quite enjoyable.

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire:   This was a decent enough movie, but I did not find it as good as the other movies in the series, personally.   The story had odd holes in it (where there needed to be more information to those who have NOT read the books, such as I).   I would have rather seen this during a matinee to pay less money... oh well.

Yours, Mine And Ours:   A good remake of the original which starred Lucille Ball.   Not exactly Oscar material.   The movie hits home with me mainly because I've always wanted a big family, so I'm a bit partial to it before I even sat in the theater.

It's been a busy two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment