The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-11-07

More Storage

Tony = Happy.   400GB more storage is on it's way for the primary family server.

Between television episodes, movies and marching band videos, I'm eating up the storage I had (which at 250+40+40GB was nothing to sneeze at, but still ends up being inadequate for what I know will be happening in the next 12 months - I currently have close to 60GB available, which is quickly dwindling).

"But Tony, why didn't you opt for a 500GB drive," you may ask?

Well, because they average 40-50% more for 25% more storage.   It's called simple math.   :-P   Since I use server Ceiling for all document storage anyway, I may just scavenge the 250GB drive from my personal computer and stick a 40GB in it from the server. Makes more sense.   I currently show that I'm using 19GB of it.

I look forward to the replacement to DVDs...

No comments:

Post a Comment