The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-11-21

Domain Registry Of America

I truly cannot comprehend what it must be like to be one of the 98% of Americans who have no clue how to Register A Domain Name, build their Own Computer, or even just Install An OS on their computer...

Saturday I received snailmail from "Domain Registry Of America".   They wished to send me a "courtesy letter" that my domain (one of them, they claim) would be expiring in a few months, and that switching to their Registry would allow me to enjoy their "best savings" (which was, of course, a joke compared to using many registrars which charge less than $10 a year these days, such as GKG who I use regularly).

They were cordial enough to offer me to pay 2.5 times the price I currently pay for the right to have a line of text in their database!   Instead of less than $10 a year, they were willing to let me pay $25 a year!

Such a noble effort.   I certainly hope that I can get that domain registered again before May 2006 when it's due to be renewed by!

No comments:

Post a Comment