The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-08-28

MOVIE: Prince Of Persia - The Sands Of Time

Went to see this Disney flick with Chris at the local cheap-o theater.  Chris has told me it was not that good, but went with me anyway.

It certainly was not anything that evoked thoughts of "accuracy" (I almost expected to find Eddie Murphy playing a talking Jackal or Seth Rogen selling goods at a Bazaar).  However, this is a movie based on a video game franchise, and for that, it was pretty decent.  It was certainly better than that loss-of-time called Clash Of The Titans.  I can't really comment much on story, as it was not Oscar material.

I am not a Prince Of Persia game purist, so the complaints I recall people having about the movie versus the game series are lost on me.  I enjoyed the movie... it had a predictable ending... it had a (fairly) pretty lady in it... it had some good special effects (again, better than that loss called "Clash"). 

Rent the DVD if you get the chance.  It's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment