The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-08-20

The Google Picasa / Band Photographer Pitfall

Google Picasa is an awesome photo management system, combined with their photo hosting (free, or pay insanely cheap money for tons of extra storage), making it a great way to store photos, tag faces, edit pictures and more.

However, BE WARNED.  If you photograph large groups of people frequently (as I do for Spruce Creek High School's music program) you may NEVER get all your faces "tagged or ignored".  I have yet to put a dent into my collection, because every time I photograph an event, hundreds, if not thousands, more faces end up  in the queue to be tagged.   I'm once again back down to 47,000+ faces to be handled.  Ugh.

But it's all good.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment