The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-08-14

The Beginning Of The End -- Band, High School, Etc.

This week marked the "final Band camp" for my youngest "child" Chris... and for me.  Chris is a senior and will be going in the Army if current plans stay as-is in July of 2011.  I look forward to his immersion in the adult world, the opportunities he will have, while at the same time being apprehensive about the last of the Mighty Four going the way all children must go.  (sigh)

I attended three days of Band Camp for brief periods (several hours on the final day), taking pictures and shooting video as is my norm for the band.  I'm in the middle of producing the "Football Program" which is a huge fundraiser for the band, as well.  It's odd to consider that I've been officially a part of the band program for the past six years (and been "around" the year before that) and that it's coming to an end.

I consider the possibility that maybe I will get involved again in 15+ years, whenever my kids start having their own kids.  But that's too far to really take seriously at this point.  I do have hopes, though.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment