The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-08-16

MOVIE: Inception

I was not interested in seeing this movie beyond perhaps a matinee or it moving to the cheapo theater, as the commercials just didn't do anything for me.  My girlfriend had other intentions as she repeatedly mentioned it as something she wanted to see... so, we went to see it last night.  I ended up happy that we did, as it was a very interesting and "fairly unique" story (minor spoilers ahead).

The basic story is not new, and the beginning-of-movie reveal of the end of the movie plot is done to death any more.

But besides these points, the story was actually very interesting in the depth which they went and the detail given.  I found myself analyzing every scene looking for hints as to what was to come.  That alone told me it was an engrossing movie.  The "final scene" was no surprise (to me at least) as the movie blatantly made it clear something would happen in regards to Leonardo's character and his "totem".  This wasn't disappointing, just a little predictable.  It does make you rethink the entire movie and what really happened, though.  So I have to give this movie a thumbs-up.  Good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. the film is certainly striking, but the ending just left me feeling a bit hollow...

    the set up at the beginning and the end were just a bit 'seen it all before'

    perhaps i've watched too many films, but a standard twist doesn't feel like a twist anymore, and the 'it was all a dream' isn't any better, even if it is open for interpretation.

    everything else, great. just a bit of an anti-climax in my opinion tho

    ReplyDelete