The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-07-06

MOVIE: Twilight Eclipse

Chris and I had joked about seeing this movie, because the first movie was "okay", and the second movie we suffered through (a ton of middle-aged and preteen females sighing through the entire movie, no joke).

However, I had good reason to go see it as it ended up being a "first date" with someone I've met (better discussed some other time).  As well, there were only about 3-4 other couples (all mature) in the audience and no sighing.

The movie was decent.  Considering it was not "built" for a 42 year old man by any means, I guess that's saying something.  I was able  to sit quietly (though distracted as I was being on a "first date") and enjoy the movie.  The storyline was not rocket science, nor even the most wonderous romance conceived, but it fit the series (I know nothing of the books) and the action sequences were enjoyable.. in fact, I liked that they did not go overboard with the action, in that if happened and that was it... no instant repeats, no overkill slow-mo "watch THIS gory scene" type sequences.  Just matter-of-factly action.  I liked that.

Did she kiss both wolfboy and vampguy?  Of course.  Does she apparently love both?  Of course.  Do I think she'll end up with either one (again, I know nothing about these books)?   I was always assuming she'd NOT END UP with EITHER ONE.. and my date DID happen to spout something out at the end that seems to confirm that.  It doesn't ruin anything for me.  But it does intrigue me "how" it will happen.  Hmm.

So, it was a decent movie.  I'm sure women of most ages, especially with daughters, will love it for the most part.  I definitely would not assume seeing a male sitting in an audience NOT accompanied by at least one female.  That would look... odd, probably.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment