The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-06-04

Hit Zero

I dial the 866 number. Voice menu gives me options 1, 2, 3, and 4. I try the logical, then all, options. I am never sent to a live person - only to a "all operators are busy, try again later". This went on for almost a month (2-3 times a week at least).

I find a "local" number. I call them. I get to a voice. They tell me I have to call this number in Jacksonville and ask them to help me.

I call Jacksonville. I leave voice mail. Again the next day. A couple days later, they call me back, and when I give my request, they tell me they have nothing to do with this and cannot help me.

I try the 866 number a couple times (no one available), then the local number again. They tell me that I have to call the 866 number to do this. I explain that I can never get a live person, ever. They ask if I (appx) hit zero, then waited, then hit zero again to get to someone. I ask them to explain to me in simple terms. They do. The voice menu, which has no zero option, I should hit zero on. But then, it tells you it does not understand. Then it gives you the same voice menu with a zero option added to the end. Hit zero again... wow! It tells me there are no operators available and to call back later.

I'm quite familiar with the idea that a hidden zero "operator" button exists on these voice menus many times. But to hide it, then give a response that it is not understood when you hit it, and then to know you're to hit it again...

I do not break anything at this point in frustration...

I call local again, explain it to them, and give them my own version of how I'm going to "work around the system" due to the incompetence of what they've setup. She gets a supervisor, prints out the information needed to help me... and gives it to an "on call" person who is supposed to call me back.

Here's to hoping!!

2 comments:

  1. Time to send a CEO + executive leadership team e-mail. I'm sure you can find the appropriate names and deduce the e-mail addressing scheme with some Googling.

    If that doesn't work, set up Sucks.com and post the relevant details (making sure to keep detailed records of all attempts to contact them and get them to do their job, and their failures to do so). Then, repeat the CEO e-mail with the URL attached.

    This is all perfectly legal as long as you stick to the facts and don't put any opinions or interpretations on your "sucks site", and is usually quite effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, apparently Blogger parses out everything between < and > characters. That was supposed to say < CompanyName > Sucks.com.

    ReplyDelete