The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2006-01-21

Why Can't I Be Special?

I am appalled that my chosen lifestyle is NOT represented on the web!   How is it that there are sites out there for the socially accepted, the individuals who have been given special privilidges for who they are, not what they can do?   Why can't I have legislation made to help me and my kind?

I speak, of course, of the Straight White Average Man (or SWAM, for short).   (1/24/06 - updated this since I had the words as "SAWM" instead - Tony=dumb)

With so many special programs made for every other specialty group (sexuality-based, race- and ethnicity-based, gender-based and more), why am *I* being overlooked?   Perhaps I need to design a "Masculinist" website.. or better yet, the official "SWAM" site!   (rofl)

(before anyone gets into a tizzy, I am making light of the fact that there are so many programs aimed at so many specifically-targeted groups in the United States, it makes the average white Joe like me feel... inconsequential, sometimes -- effectively making us a minority in our own sense)   (I am not a racist, or similarly derogatory group-name for the others mentioned herein, by ANY stretch of the imagination)

1 comment:

  1. The sad part of this is that even if you were to start a website for "SWAM's" you would get alot of hate from alot of people, even though your intentions are good.

    Discrimination will always be around, theres no way to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete