The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2009-05-27

The Dream Begins

Today, I took the first step toward a lifelong dream. For literally decades I've been toying with the idea, since I was in my teens. It's something that many have told me I should do (or even be doing full time) and I am now ready to put my full effort towards it. I've had what I needed to do this since I was a kid. I was hesitant to even say anything to anyone, so I've decided to make one post about it right here, then be done talking about it.

I'm writing the screenplay that I was destined to produce (since the age of about 12). I'm already well underway with the "bible" for this idea (as it will in fact be a series of screenplays) and if I stick to my guns, I think I have a shot at being the next Spielberg or JMS. I've had this "in me" since I was a kid, revisiting it and refining it and even jotting down ideas and such over the years, even in the incarnation of a very short lived comics group (R&M Comics) that my friend John Rigali and I toyed around with in the eighties. I still have sketches from that brief brainstorm and it's always bugged me that I did not pursue that life... but no longer.

I'm really excited about this. I've already recorded a ton of background information for characters and situations. I need to get my laptop serviced quickly so I can work on this uninhibited.

You heard it here first. And believe it or not, my kids were indirectly responsible for this resurgence of creative energy. I hate that they're growing up and getting on their own so quickly. :-/ But they'll always be my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment