The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2009-05-23

Anthony's Graduation Ceremony

Today we go watch Anthony graduate officially from high school at the Ocean Center in Daytona Beach. I will, per the norm, be running around shooting video and taking pictures instead of relaxing and watching the festivities. (this is my self-prescribed lot in life)

Then apparently we're going out with Anthony's mother and grandparents for dinner at Crabby Joe's or The Crab Shack or I've Got Crabs or something like that (I'm honestly unclear what the name of the place is). It's free dinner, so that's cool. :-)

Anthony got his graduation gift last night, and has been using it for many hours since, configuring mail server settings, downloading software and setting up IM accounts and the like. I'm sure he's happy not only to be in a laptop, but also to be in a "modern computer" that can actually handle modern software without any hassle (he's been using an HP Brio that I received free and I doctored up to the max, which is not saying much as it's a very limited machine to begin with). Now he's on an AMD-based dual core several-gigs large system with all the typical bells and whistles.

Next stop, college and a career rivaling Chef Ramsey! >:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment