The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2007-12-24

My (first) date with Vesta

For some reason, I'm awake at 7:45am in the morning writing this. Considering I did not get home until about 3:00am today after one hell of a night (and morning) with Vesta, I have no clue why I woke up 45 minutes ago ready for the way. Mr. Analytical has no idea how to translate that...

Vesta and I met at neutral ground (Lonestar Steakhouse in Daytona Beach). It was our first time meeting in person and we figured it better that way. I was nervous, she was nervous. I wore my glasses, she wore her glasses. She was tall, I was tall(er).   ;-)

Dinner and a lot of talk (both historical and otherwise) went by over a two and a half our period. She is definitely (my view) more often a glass-half-full person (this is one of MANY references that only she and I will understand, so nyah-nyah to the rest of you) than not. She has a great smile. She's beautiful. She's engaging (something I am lacking in if I'm at a loss for words) and complimentary (dare I say, so much that I was almost concerned before we met). I had decided within five minutes of meeting her that I was "quite happy", shall I say, with my decision to meet her...

We went to Ormond together to see Sweeney Todd at the Regal Theater. Good flick (despite occasional noise from the usual idiot-patrons who think it's a great place to chit-chat or text-message from their phone with it's bright-screen shining for everyone to notice). Despite the gore and her subsequent eye-hiding routines, she seemed to enjoy the movie as much as I.

I drove us back to Daytona and we 'parked' (sort of) by her vehicle. Somehow over two hours disappeared. To be honest (and this is the part I was not sure how I was going to post considering my kids, her kids, Vesta herself, and whoever else may read this) it was somewhere between the conversation and the kiss(ing) that time seemed to be lost. (one pandora's box opened with that comment...) Hopefully I'm not posting something that will be a problem for her. I don't believe so...

We ended the night suddenly deciding to go to 7-Eleven to buy slurpees. We continued to end the night by doing some more of the aforementioned kiss(ing). We finally ended the night with a kiss(ing) after which we kiss(ing)ed one last time before our final kiss(ing) goodbye.

I think we had a good time (gratuitous understatement of the decade). I know beyond any doubt that there was a lot of frustration. Good lord, the frustration.

So, around three hours after the movie ended, sitting in a parking lot (the parking lot cleaner certainly got an eyefull) we parted ways. My recall is that we may be spending some part(?) of next weekend together. I've heard my phone right twice now so I better go grab it from the living room. It might be her... and I like that idea...

I think it obvious to us both that "a good time was had by all." (hahaha) Hopefully I've not said anything here that is a problem - based on what I learned, I don't think so... just make sure your daughter and friends know I was a gentleman, despite... well...

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind what you wrote....in fact I am flattered. In case I forgot to tell you last night....thank you so much for an amazing night....the dinner....the movie....but most of all the wonderful company.

    Merry Christmas Tony.

    ReplyDelete