The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2007-06-15

MOVIE: Fantastic Four - Rise Of The Silver Surfer

Hmmm.

This was a good movie. However, the ending was very, VERY abrupt. I was highly disappointed when suddenly they wrapped it all up in about 90 seconds.

The Silver Surfer was well played/animated. The storyline was "good" (especially Johnny emulating the "Super Skrull", for those who have any clue what I mean by that). I half expected the Frankie Raye character to go the way of her counterpart in the comic book from back in the John Byrne days (hey, there are sequels for that, right?).

One thing that just bugged the heck out of me throughout the movie: The contact lenses Jessica Alba wore must have been the THICKEST lenses possible! Good lord...

In any case, a good movie. I'm a lifetime comic collector, so I'm going to be critical of such treasures as the Fantastic Four and their treatment by Hollywood.

Now, about that ROM Spaceknight movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment