The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-05-17

Water... lots of water...

So yesterday, the water-connection to the refrigerator decided that it didn't LIKE the refrigerator any more, so it disconnected itself. Four to six hours later, when my daughter got home, she called me to inform me of the inch of water on the bottom floor of the house.

In a meager attempt to think positive instead of negatively, I will say "thank God that we have hardwood laminate flooring instead of carpet in our house" (the stairs don't count).

Several hours of wet-dry vacuuming later, the water is gone (that which I can see, at least). My muscles, not used much in the past month due to my recent hospitalization, are screaming at me. The floor is NOT clean as some might imagine after being wet and then vacuumed -- it's quite dirty and now needs to be cleaned more than ever.

"Calgon, take me away..."

No comments:

Post a Comment