The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-05-29

Bill Gates' Charity and XBox 360

A level of respect I had for Bill Gates (yes, Locutus of Microsoft, the all-father of so-called software monopolies) after reading the latest article about him and his charity.

You can see the article here to learn more about what's happening.

I anticipate that Bill might soon decide "excuse me, yeah, I think I'll take over this World Health Organization thing you have going so that I know it's being done right," And frankly, it will probably end up better off when that happens. Let Ballmer do the Microsoft-thing.

...and yes. I will be purchasing an XBox 360, of course. That ended my 2-year-long thought of creating a media center PC for my home - no need to now that the 360 will do what the XBox opened the door to.

No comments:

Post a Comment