The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2011-03-15

Catchup - Love

I'm in love.  Her name is Jaimeleigh!  There, it's said and clear to everyone now.  :-) 

Summarizing my "love life" to date... there was high school (2 dates), post high school (very few dates), then I met someone who unfortunately did not end up my life-mate - I will always be thankful to her for my children, but she and I ultimately were not compatible.  We divorced many years ago, I continued raising my children, and after a couple years of waiting for the my mind to reset, I went on a couple single dates, then met someone who was on the wrong end of the totem pole compared to where I had already been.  I entered a second relationship which ended very badly (especially for my youngest son who was emotionally hurt by it, but I believe he and I are stronger overall in the end, despite her stupidity and attempt to cause harm), and then went about waiting for the right time again, "resetting my system".   In mid-2010, I began dating again.  A couple single dates, a couple short-term "relationships" that expanded my horizons in ways I never thought I'd be exposed to (including a transgendered individual), so yeah.  After a lifetime feeling like I'd been on the short end of the "dating knowledge" scale, I feel that I'm... knowledgeable enough to be really dangerous.   (ROFL!)

Okay... on to the GOOD part!  The best part EVER!

Jaimeleigh (for the phonetically impaired, that's jay-mee-LEE) has stolen my heart.  What's interesting is that she did it by the end of our first date.  We both felt this insane connection that was unreal and very scary to us both.  Scary, exciting, teenager-like feelings (in my words).

We've spent our time together since then discovering just how similar we are mentally, emotionally, and how compatible we are in many ways.  There is a literal chemical connection between us.  We touch, we kiss, and the sensations for me are like nothing I've ever experienced before.  It's akin to putting a 9-volt battery on your tongue.  No joke, no exaggeration.  She is electric to me.

Now for the thing that I've not told many people yet.   

We're engaged!!  

We talked about it at length, and we have many possible plans for how we're going to do things, but one thing's for sure.  We've agreed on a long engagement, both for our own comfort, as well as being sure about things, and also so that my daughter's wedding in September is the focal point of attention this year.  We have no dates, but it would appear we are looking at sometime in 2012.  We'll see.

I am so in love with my beautiful fiance, and am so excited that we're completely open in our communication, show complete respect for each other, and have no hidden agendas or insanity waiting to jump out at a moment's notice.  She completes me (thank you, Jerry McGuire) and I get the distinct impression that I do so for her as well.   :-) 

I'm in love and it's AWESOME!  I'm happy to tell the world, and excited that we are of like minds to be careful, take our time, and strengthen what we have while planning carefully for our future.

I love you, baby!!   :-* 

1 comment:

  1. Very happy for you. Devil's advocate in me is glad you're opting for a long engagement instead of rushing things. Make sure I get an invite to the engagement party!

    ReplyDelete