The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2011-03-15

Catchup - Family

So, sticking with the birth order mechanism I frequently use, because it's 'safe' and no one can (hopefully) accuse me of showing any favoritism (which I feel I have avoided successfully most of the time)...

Daniella:   Dani's been in her apartment for a few months now, and recently she's told me she has a roommate joining her soon.  I don't want to reveal too much since it's not my place to do so.  She's doing well at work from what I'm told, and is also looking at continuing her CNA training, though possible advancement at her long time job might alter those plans.   She seems to be on top of things and doing well, and I'm extremely happy for this!

Amanda:   Mandi came back home after being with her grandfather and mother in their family business on the west coast for a few months.  She's in full steam ahead mode for her wedding on September 10 (9-10-11) to Marcus.  Despite some bizarre decisions and ongoing stupidity from former family members, she's happily making things tick, getting ready to start her life with her future husband, and I support her, love her fiance, and think that all will be great in the end.

Anthony:   Anthony has been in Afghanistan for the past few months with the US Army, and just spent 2 weeks back home visiting with family and friends, spending hard earned money (bought his brother motorcycle!) and decompressing from the reality that is a war zone where he "works".  He's seen, and been in, some situations that most of us can never fathom, but thankfully will be out of there and in Germany for the remainder of his time with the Army in about 45 days.  I'm excited to know that.  He will be able to travel to any European country by basically hopping a train during his weekends off.  I'm jealous.  I'm very proud of him and so was Jaimeleigh, who commented to me on things she saw that just made me even more proud.

Christopher:   Chris is finishing up his final year of high school, and currently works part time, and has graduated from his scooter to his motorcycle given to him by his brother.  He's in California visiting his mom for Spring Break at this moment, and is looking forward to a certain graduation gift that I've agreed to give him early so he can enjoy it before he enters Army Boot Camp, where he'll then move into his Military Police training.  He's still with his girlfriend Kimi, and is looking forward to getting even more buff (makes me sick, y'know?  I was never built as well as either of my sons, though I ran better than either of them - Chris will deny this, but oh well).

Kosh:  Can't forget the pussy-kitties!   Kosh turns 18 this year, and is bouncy and happy as ever.  He has turned into girl's-lap kitty for some odd reason (goes off on his own all day, but insists on lap-time with whatever female enters the house).

Boomer:   Boomer is several years old now, and is pretty mellow, though he and Kosh still get into chase-antics around the house.  He still sheds a little too much (being the white cat from a black mother and all black siblings) but is very lovable (even when he's acting like the RCA Dog from those ancient logos, and sits and stares you down).

Me:   Wow.  Months of unemployment in 2010, followed by a new job a little further away, learning new software that is used at a wide variety of companies worldwide (including now my former employer - ha ha).  My experience base continues to grow, my life begins to head towards some major changes (all children being on their own, an empty home... temporarily...).   But more on me in the "Changes - Love" post.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment