The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2009-03-21

TV: Battlestar Galactica (finale)

So BSG is over. (sigh) The best current scifi show on television ends it's run with a very good final two hour and eleven minute episode full of action, drama, revelations and just enough religious-mystic overtones to satisfy all (I believe).

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

I had predicted since the first season that Baltar would end up being a pseudo-goodguy in this revamped BSG universe, and, well... prophecy fulfilled.

Kara apparently played the part of God-sent angel to help BSG along to it's final destination only to disappear (literally). For a split second I thought maybe she just ducked Lee quickly so there would be no temptation to "be together", but no. She was obviously "sent" by "God" to help deliver everyone to their destiny.

That destiny was also what I'd predicted in the first season, with BSG and Cylon groups joining with early man (I'd said cavemen in my original thoughts) to begin anew.

Roslyn's passing was sad, but completely predictable, as was Adama's reaction. But still poignant and true to the story.

Not getting more information on how Kara's father knew this song was a bit annoying (and I was beginning to think he was the boxed cylon that we'd never seen). At this point, we don't know. I don't think Kara was a hybrid at all, though. Maybe the new movie "The Plan" will reveal this boxed cylon we never met (or never knew we met..?).

Galen should have popped that wench's head like a zit, I think, for killing his wife.

How "cool" it was that Tigh and his wife had a love that ended up transcending multiple lives. The marital problems she brought into their lives was a typical scenario in too many lives today where a perfectly loving wife is driven away by her husband's work/ambitions (not giving her an out, but there is, as usual, blame on both ends).

All in all, a good episode, and a good ending. I am content.

Oh, and for those who are so inclined:

1 1 2 3 - 6 5 3 6 - 5 3 2 1
C C D E
- A G E A - G E D C

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so very sad the series has ended... There is an emptiness every Friday knowing that there is no BSG..

    We did see some commercials about "Caprica", which doesn't seem related though.. And "SGU" which I assume has to do with SG1.

    ReplyDelete