The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2009-02-26

Birthday Number 41 - Journey's End

It is my birthday. Here is a generalized catalog of what I thought about today....
  • I'll go to work a half hour late today (which means, a half hour early instead of an hour early)... and I did.
  • I wonder if anyone will surprise me with some "big to-do" which a small part of me would enjoy but a larger more visual part of me makes clear would embarrass me. No one did. One co-worker gave me a card (she was sweet); Vesta gave me a teddy bear with balloons [EDIT] (she and I had just "agreed" to not talk to each other, so this was confusing to me, however now I'm wrong for having said a co-worker was sweet with what they gave me and not saying something positive about Vesta - it's an unfortunate catch-22 that I'm used to now) [/EDIT].
  • Do I feel "old"? I decided I did not, but was "feeling older", mostly I think because dad died exactly three weeks ago at only 63 years of age. Feelings of mortality, et al.
  • Am I going to have to wear this retainer on my upper teeth forever?
  • Oh please, not ANOTHER software change at work!!! (GROAN)
  • Will I be a lonely old man like my mother's father ended up?
  • Oh Lord, Amanda brought a big bouquet of balloon with her and made me walk in with them to La Fiesta for my birthday dinner. Funny!
  • I miss Rumble.
  • (random sexually charged thoughts)
  • The pants I'm wearing a really old and tattered, in truth, and should be only for around the house or used as rags... but I hate to shop for clothes, so keep 'em
  • I need to post the minutes to previous meetings to the SCHS Band website. Done.
  • I need to work on the CD Order Form for the new MP3 CD we're offering at the Lakeside Jazz Festival (only a rough draft so far). Not done. Also supposed to create a form for people to buy "notes" in the now half-sized program for Lakeside Jazz. Not even started yet.
  • I need to post an entry online since it's my birthday.. and the pics from dinner with Amanda. Done.
Wow. A truly momentous birthday in the annals of history. The "whole family" has a minor birthday get-together planned for me. Everything seems "muted" to me currently. Dad's death and ongoing "issues" not fit to post, as I'll have I'll be asked to remove them if I do, are making it hard for me to want to do much at all.

[EDIT]This post was modified 2009-02-27 @ 10:25am as I was berated for being insensitive (my interpretation). My apologies. This is the last entry I will ever put into this journal. Thanks to those who shared with me over the years, as I've trekked from 2000 through to 2009.[/EDIT]

No comments:

Post a Comment