The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2009-02-05

Anthony John Malena, Born Feb 2 1946, Died Feb 5 2009

My father passed away early this morning after a months-long battle with what appears to be ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

He is survived by my mother and his wife (Ann), four grand children (Daniella, Amanda, Anthony and Christopher), and me, his only son, Anthony.

He passed on very peacefully at home with his loved ones around him. He will be missed very badly, but also be celebrated for his life and his passage on to the next phase of being. A memorial will be held at his home within the next few days.

     

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss. Please let David and I know if there is anything we can do to help.
    Takako & David

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you find comfort in the many loving memories you'll carry in your heart forever. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

    Lynda DeBree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is the memorial for my dad (sigh)

    ReplyDelete