The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2008-05-05

THEATER: Wicked

The day finally came. Vesta and I piled the girls into the van and we headed off to see WICKED in Orlando, courtesy of "Broadway Across America".

What a great musical this was! It certainly deserves all the accolades it's received over the years. We even had an understudy performing the role of Elphaba (who is known as The Wicked Witch Of The West in "The Wizard Of Oz". The music, the stage, choreography and visuals, combined with the awesome prequel and concurrent storylines (the first act takes place before the original "Oz", while the second act takes place during the same time period), made for a terrific afternoon.

I'd like to see someone combine both into an all-inclusive musical someday.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I was having a conversation about this today. I've read the book and have been dying to see this. I wish I could have seen it, but judging by the website I'm out of luck as the Jacksonville run ends Saturday.

    ReplyDelete