The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2006-10-07

Your Daughter Is Dead

Yeah, that title catches your attention, eh?

My daughter was in an automobile accident yesterday. She called me, crying, and let me know that she was okay and that she had to be picked up because she was under age. I had to be the in-control father, asking the right questions, walking out of work to travel 20 miles to get back near home and find her with her friend (the driver) and the friend's father finishing up with the police.

She bruised slightly, and sore, and probably a little spooked since she's on the verge of being an on-her-own driver soon as well. But she's fine it seems.

I'm very thankful no one was hurt, but it still spooks me at 3:45am in the morning the next day. I could have lost 25% of the most important people in my life yesterday.

I love you guys. And yes, posting embarassing pics of you like that are one of the ways I show it...

No comments:

Post a Comment