The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2006-10-19

Goin' Back To Cali

Yes, it's finally that time...
    20 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION TIME!

So I'm literally walking out the door in a few minutes to get on a flight (leaving out of Daytona, thank God) to California. I'll be visiting friends, in-laws, and attending reunions for Calvary Road Christian Academy and Duarte High School - class of 1986 (I graduated from CRCA, but attended DHS for almost 3 years, and consider it my true alma mater).

I look forward to visiting with Marty, John, Dan, Clay, Debbie, Jessica, my mother-in-law Cathy and whoever else I run into. I plan to take pictures galore!

As with most people at most reunions I assume, this will be the first time in 20 years I will have seen the vast majority of these high school friends and acquaintances. I'm sure it will be a real eye-opener.

I plan on staying offline (for the whole trip if I can manage it).

My kids will be spending time with their nana and papa, as well as the normal school activities and work (Chik-fil-A and McDonald's). I will miss them terribly, but hopefully will have enough to do with friends that it won't be a big obsession.

So... I'm off! Later days...

1 comment:

  1. ...and, I'm BACK. Several hours late, and without my luggage, but I'm back. The whole awesome story (including the gory return trip, thank you Delta Airlines) to be posted soon, with pics as usual.

    ReplyDelete