The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-09-14

High School Reunions

As I journey through my 37th year of life, I look to the future, which next year means my 20th high school reunion.   Er, reunions.

My parents moved us from Duarte to Monrovia (California), which is the city "next door", during the latter half of my junior year.   The result is that the end of my junior year, and my entire senior year, were spent at a private school (which also happened to be the church I had gone to since I was a kid - Calvary Road Baptist Church).

So   -   I am an alumni of Calvary Road Christian Academy (now "Baptist Academy") but still feel strong roots to my original Duarte High School.   I especially missed band (in all it's forms) as my new school was not big enough to have a band.   In fact, my class (of 1986) to date is still the largest graduating class ever - 8 people.   Whoa!!   (ahem)

In any case, I am now planning on attending the reunion for DHS (I did not know about their 10 year reunion, else I would have attended that in 1996), and I also find myself currently in a position of trying to plan a reunion for CRCA.

Planning a reunion for 8 people after twenty years is rather daunting. I think it's going to be an extreme situation -- either a huge success (6+ people) or a dismal failure (possibly 2-3 people). We'll see as time moves forward. Two of the "CRCA Eight" live here in Florida now, and most of the other six I have no clue (as of this evening) where they live. I have ways to get ahold of them (not the least of which is through members of my childhood church itself).

A Yahoo group for Duarte High alumni is also available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment