The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-06-18

MOVIE: Batman Begins

My oldest daughter and I viewed Batman Begins this afternoon (she had seen it previously). I was not very enthusiastic about seeing this movie because the commercials for it did nothing to enthuse me - they were very plain, very understated.

Fortunately, the movie itself was very good! I was happy to see the new take on the Batman franchise (and despite the fact that some people think it ties into the four Batman movies starting with Michael Keaton's first one, it does not - though I'm sure if they wanted to, they could suddenly decide to make it do so later - let's hope not).

One bad moment: Batman saying "excuse me" to a couple of criminals when he blows out the wall of their cell to make way to his next destination. Very out of character for this movie.

One awesome moment: Rachel (Bruce Wayne's childhood friend) knocking back Scarecrow with a taser on her own. Oh yeah. ;-)

One funny moment: Batman asking Seargent Gordon if he can drive a stick (while handing him the keys to the "car").

No comments:

Post a Comment