The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2005-06-02

Memory, Dreams, et al

Memories and Dreams interact on a disturbing level for me many times...

Yesterday I saw several references to someone special to me, and I spent my night having very detailed, very odd dreams involving our respective "lives".

People swimming and pretending not to see each other (in an adolescent way, really)

These people's skin having a water-like texture to it (almost like they were MADE of water)

Comments made that were just bizarre or at least very detailed, and waking up verrrrrry slowly while this is all happening (from what I understand, you remember the dreams usually that you have closest to the time you wake up anyway)

The last part especially bugs me, because when this happens, there is that moment of transition where your brain is trying to clarify reality versus what's just been made up inside. Sheesh!

I wish you could videotape these things and watch them later (some of them over and over again). I wish I could share them with specific people who they pertain to as well. In some cases, that's simply "not appropriate" right now; in others, it would probably scare them away.

Does anyone else every encounter this kind of craziness??

2 comments:

  1. Another dream about someone I don't need to be dreaming about last night/this morning.

    No water-bound swimmers or anything like that this time, but it was frustrating none-the-less.

    The dream included an "invitation" at the very end, to join this person - just as I was losing the dream and/or waking up. Argh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's getting worse. A new employee at work has the exact name of a person... closely associated with the subject of my recent dreams.

    This is getting ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete