The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2010-02-21

42 Pounds Later

I had been resting "comfortably" at a weight of 270 for quite a while (as low as 260, as high as 275) - maybe for over a year or so? I'm not really sure.

I started lowering my food intake around September/October of 2009. Went on vacation (a week-long cruise with Chris, where I ate a lot of protein, but was also more ACTIVE than I'd been in YEARS). Came back and was sick with the flu and then a cold, where I ate even less.

Now I find myself in an odd position:   I'm within range of my marriage weight (which was 220) at 238. I certainly need to tone up, but when you consider I immediately gained a *lot* of weight right after I was married back in '88, it's a bit odd to know I'm back around my pre-marital range again.

Given the other life changes happening right now (employment, family, friends), this is certainly a good thing overall (with the exception of the anticipated "toning up" I need to do). 2010 is certainly going to be a year for major changes (some forced, some by choice, and some by random chance). Anthony's in the Army, Amanda's working with her grandfather and getting married in a year-plus, Daniella is taking classes for a possible major career change, Chris is finishing up high school and preparing for his currently-desired profession, Dad's gone, Mom's dating, friends have moved, or are moving, jobs are changing (especially for me) and I'm looking at having a life again after a very insane 2008 and a subdued 2009. I really like the idea of a "life" again.

42 pounds at the age of 42 (just in time, too). Yes, it's going to be an interesting year.

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to mention, had hit a high of 280 last year, hence the number 42. ;-p

    ReplyDelete