The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2007-07-05

MOVIE: Transformers

I was actually amazed.

I set myself up to believe this movie was going to be so-so. Good effects and adismal plotline.

I was actually amazed.

I believed that the hype for this movie was overdone. I was certain it would fall short of expectations, so I set them low.

I was actually amazed.

I REALLY ENJOYED this movie! It had a great blend of humor and special effects. Yes, it's a bunch of robots from the eighties animated series brought to life, but I'll be darned if I did not decide I want to go see it again! And I'm going to!

The use of "shaky cam" was probably done for more often than I liked in general, but it was an effective way of integrating CGI and live action and to hide any "problems" they likely had keeping the two aligned "perfectly" throughout the movie.

Go be amazed. I am now anxious for the sequel (I counted four storylines minimum that could be spread to the sequel(s)).

No comments:

Post a Comment