The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2007-05-20

Wanted: Alive

So, I'm back (a lot sooner than I planned to be).

What's happening, purposely in random order:

Christopher has turned 14 - today we celebrate his birthday with friends coming over for the afternoon to do the food, cake and Guitar Hero II thing. He already received a Nintendo DS plus a couple of games for it, among other items. I anticipate a lot of guitar, dance and possibly Arcade (MAME) action today.

Amanda has been doing several IB Program Finals this past week and next as school winds down. I don't envy the workload she has. I really did not enjoy school, myself. Rushed through it. She is much more Academic than I am (or anyone else within the immediate family, by far).

Daniella, on Friday night, decided that she did not want to be part of my household anymore, so she has left. We have no clue where she is, unfortunately. Messages left with her boyfriend have hopefully made it to her. We'd like her to come home; we love her dearly; the choice is completely hers as an "adult" 18 year old person. I personally hate how it's happening since I have no clue if she's safe. She is being completely selfish in this regard. Heaven only knows what I'll do if that is NOT the case, as those who "were involved" in her leaving are now fully responsible for her well being in my eyes.

Anthony's rocket, launched with other student's rockets recently, made the second highest height (which gave us pause to discuss basic Geometry, right triangles and the like) which is awesome. He's also (apparently, by my view) enjoying his work at Chick-fil-A here in Port Orange. Hopefully he'll get his Drug/Alcohol Test done so he can get his permit this summer and start preparing for the world of driving.

We just finished bathing all animals, fogging the house, related "fun" work. I've been burning DVDs as time permits this weekend (orders still being taken for last and this year's DVDs for Spruce Creek High School Musical Performing Arts Program).

That's about it right now. Summer's here, and with luck, we're going to the Keys some weekend to do some snorkeling, either before or after the kids' trip to California to visit their grandparents and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment