The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2007-02-11

Adopting A Valentine

Since I do not have a "significant other" at this time, and was feeling like I wanted to bring some happiness to the world in some form, I decided to adopt.

So, I have brought home a beautiful girl. She's five years old, and the kids all love her. Rumble (the dog) is interested in possibly hurting her (by virtue of his poorly trained nature) so we're keeping him aware from her.

Her name is Kira, which is perfect as it's just the type of name I would have given her. I love her to death! She was given up for adoption because her family could not care for her anymore. So we've bought her some nice bedding and are secure, private place to call home.

And so, our new Ferret, Kira, came into our lives this Valentine's season.

1 comment:

  1. Could you work on Fred a little bit? We held a couple ferrets at a pet store a week or two ago, and I want one! Although I'd definitely go the adoption route as well; no sense in supporting mass production of largely unloved pets.

    ReplyDelete