The ongoing prattlings of a lifelong geek and his random luck with love, work, children and rediscovering himself.

2008-01-03

Thunderbird Took A Vacation

December 24th, 2007. My Thunderbird client decides that about .05% of my email is Junk (the actual ratio is usually about 85%, and then I remove the rest manually).

January 3rd, 2008. My Thunderbird client (no updates) suddenly starts processing Junk mail properly again.

I'm curious if this was a worldwide phenomenon or if it was limited to me. I'd debated uninstalling and reinstalling it, but lazily left it as-is. Now it's working again. What the heck.

1 comment:

  1. No updates that you know of anyway. Based on the evidence, I would hypothesize that perhaps Thunderbird is querying a whitelist, or database of some sort behind the scenes, and that database was perhaps unavailable for a time.

    ReplyDelete